Monday 29 June 2015

Because clouds are so unique, so is this image.

Laying back in a garden chair on a warm sunny June afternoon, I opened my eyes and this amazing cloud filled my gaze. After just a few seconds I knew I had to photograph it before it drifted away . I raced indoors and up the stairs, grabbed my old Canon 400D and ran down again. Hoping the cloud was still there and had not changed shape or disintegrated I hurriedly set the camera. I normally shoot RAW manually but I new I only had a few seconds before the cloud would be obscured by a large tree so I set the camera to AV (aperture priority mode) and chose f/10 as my aperture. I checked the auto focus and image stabilisation were on so I framed it and took the shot. At ISO 100 the camera set itself to 1/40 of a second.
So a couple of things came to mind - You never know where you next image may come from so keep a camera ready and if your in a hurry use AV mode. Because clouds are so unique, so is this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment