Friday 10 January 2014

Last Night's Orion Nebula near a very bright Moon 20130110.

I am still amazed at the images I can get with an old DSLR, two bits of wood and a microprocessor.
This image was taken last night as part of my Arduino driven Barn Door Tracker project.
19 thirty second exposures & 20 darks in a light polluted sky with a bright moon nearby. I think the brown glow is due to the Moon?
 I think I have finally got the mechanics, electrics and programming right. My barn door mount now tracks with the correct acceleration for the correct time, correcting for the straight threaded rod drive. Any errors I have seem to be in the accuracy or not of the polar alignment to the NCP.
During the evening I took about 130 images, all with pretty round stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment